Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh, crap!!

The first thing I'm going to do when I become Vice-President is to go after the dog-owners who don't pick up after their dogs.  This morning I went walking and on my 1 hour walk in this well-known and affluent community I saw no less than 10 fly-covered piles of you-know-what on the sidewalks.  Totally disgusting.  Is it too much to ask dog-owners to clean up their mess?  I just don't understand people but I think the punishment for anyone who is caught on a crap-and-run should be several hours of community service cleaning up doggy do on the streets of their community.  Just my opinion.

6 comments:

Steve Willis said...

Angel relates that NYC seems to have this problem wiped. Why is LA so behind?

Martwork said...

If I didn't know better I'd think I was living in Paris. Except for the baguettes. And the cigarettes.

Anonymous said...

I am so with you! I have a dog and I walk her with a bunch of plastic bags in my fanny pack. IT isn't that hard, really!

New York beat it by having cops stop and ticket people who broke the law. The fine was pretty steep I hear. >:)

Anonymous said...

Is it really that bad or is this one of your "dog things" HP seems to have it under control. friend on sumac

Martwork said...

Come visit and you will see that I do not exaggerate--not one little bit--not one little pile. Ooops--sorry! But come visit anyway. You'll love my guest room. Products galore and towel service along with bottled water and chocolate. Your own TV and bathroom and me as your hostess! What could be better?

Beth said...

Yet anotherreason to vote for you!

I've ruined more than one pair of shoes while cutting my grass when – smoosh – I step right into a pile of dog crap. Shoes, meet trash can. I don't even try to clean them off.

Seriously, if you have a pet, clean up after it. Duh.